Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Dishes are Still in the Sink

Today my five-year old son and I finished off almost all the peppermint bark from Christmas.

I unabashedly bribed him to practice his "Twinkles" on his violin. For every squeaky full song he played, I gave him a piece of peppermint and ate one myself with a gleam in my eye. We felt so sneaky and wicked! (Not to worry. We left one piece each for Daddy and his older sister.) He made amazing progress on his "Twinkles."

Yesterday I made him a "Memory Game" out of paper and used pizza boxes. We pasted "sight words" on the back of the old pizza box and cut them out. Then, we played for an hour while his baby brother was napping. He must have hugged me five times during the game telling me he loved me so much.

I left the dishes in the sink tonite. For some reason that song, "There's always tomorrow" keeps coming into my mind whenever I think about the dishes, but it never came into my mind when I was eating peppermint and practicing with my son. Never. Not once.

No comments:

Post a Comment