Friday, June 25, 2010

Signs and Seasons

The first Shasta Daisy bloomed today. It's a sure sign of summer.

Around here I need signs because the weather is no certain indicator. One day it is summer and the next it is not. June 25 today and what did I make for dinner? Soup. Soup, I tell you! That warm, ambient meal often reserved for autumn and winter. I made broccoli / cheese soup with warm sourdough bread to ward off the chill I felt from the dank clouds hanging in the heavens. At least the broccoli was freshly picked from my garden...another sure sign of summer.

The last two days were warmish. At 76 on Wednesday it felt downright blistering. If the mercury ever hits 80 we all go into a tailspin looking for popsicles and running for the beach.

The hydrangeas are starting to bloom so it must be nearing the 4th of July....

No comments:

Post a Comment