Friday, January 13, 2012

Color Me Purple or Orange or Green or...?

My darling husband has informed me that the sheet rock will be going up in the new house within the month. Therefore, it is my clearly defined duty to select the colors for the walls. All of the walls. At once.
If it were just one room or just one wall, perhaps I could manage without too much difficulty. That would be rather like selecting just the right party dress or the color for my hair--simple enough to change should I tire of it. But all of the walls in one blow, dear reader, how is a girl to do that?!
Where do I start? I've perused so many articles on selecting color and I've dabbled with several of those gadgety online room simulators, all of which have rendered me utterly useless and more bewildered than before.
Providencial olive? Why, yes, that's so restful! Tranquil blue? Indeed, yes, please! What about that Kangaroo tan or the beautiful golden lab? How about a nice bird's egg blue with punches of tangerine? Red! Who doesn't love red? Add splashes of black, of course! What room would be complete without black or white?
Do you see my dilema? My quandry? My colorwheel turned quagmire? I love them all! Each color and hue and intensity evokes my imagination and I begin all over again to redesign every room of the house. I simply can not seem to settle.
Well, now, to be honest I have eliminated the crayon box colors "orchid" and "charteuse." I dislike those colors intensely. So, you see, I am making some progress.
If only I could date the colors for a while. You know, take them out dancing or to the movies and see if they laughed when I did or made me blush maddeningly with the slightest glance my way. Then I would know, wouldn't I? Then I would know, just who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and who I wanted to see across the breakfast table every morning.
If we could spend a year dating I could see how they would react when viewed in a different light or when my mood changed ever so subtly. I would know which color to choose for sure, if only I could spend more time just hanging out with each one before I had to commit. But, I only have a few weeks to decide.
...Only a matter of days to fall in love.
No wonder they call it a "color wheel;" it makes one dizzy to think about them.

1 comment:

  1. I could make make a suggestion which could spin you in a different direction. Look at designseeds.com
    She puts Colors together in palettes.
    Thanks for including me in your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete