Monday, April 5, 2010

Lost

Again I looked for you today--there where I thought you would be--and then I remembered that you weren't.

I heard you laughing today, but it was another.

I thought sure you were coming perhaps in time for the holiday or at least by Spring, but something always seems to foul up the plan and, once again, you are delayed in your arrival. Perhaps next year?

The family has been asking about you. I smile and change the subject. I hate to raise false hopes.

I couldn't find my cellular phone the other day; I said a little prayer and magically walked right to it. I can't tell you how many times I've prayed about you and still you are lost to me.

I have called you in every way I know how, but you simply refuse to come in to dinner!

Have you caught the kisses I've been blowing for you? I send them every day.

By: Sarah L. Garriott

1 comment: